Cruise control

I want to add cruise control to my 53 coupe. Who has done this on there Stude? Any recommendations for one that works good.

Reply to
Jerry Kaiser

Kragen has a nifty unit for around $100 - the control is small and easy to conceal. Ask Lee D about his.....

Jerry Kaiser wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

I have an electronic cruise on my 53 that works very well. I'm not currently in AZ so I can't look at the car and don't remember the brand. I purchased it from Jones Automotive in Omaha in 99. Denny L

Jerry Kaiser wrote:

Reply to
lockmon

Reply to
The Other Dave

I bought an Audiovox from Checker Auto Parts. I was able to hide it in the corner under the battery tray and connect it to the lower arm of the throttle bellcrank. It works well and is out of sight. Tim K.

The Other Dave wrote:

Reply to
GTtim

Thanks Pat I think that one will work OK. I have installed one like that about 20 years ago on a Chevy pick up. It worked good. But I do like the idea of an electronic unit like Denny is talking about. Thanks for all the input from all of you. Ill let you know what I end up with Thanks

Reply to
Jerry Kaiser

Reply to
transtar60xxx

9/home_idv/mode=prod/prd345.htm>

9/home_idv/mode=prod/prd345.htm

Reply to
Jerry Kaiser

I have installed several of these type units. They used to be made by Dana but I am not sure who is making them now. If you are getting surges it is not tuned right. If I remember they have one or two adjustment screws/potentiometers that you need to fiddle with and the surging will go away. Probably you have the speed tolerance set to large it should be about +/- 2mph.

-- Dan White '64 R1 '64 R2 '55 E38

Reply to
Dan White

Rostra bought out the cruise control part of Dana years ago. They support the product, and are a good source for cruise control units...

Hope the info helps. Jeff

"Dan White" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

I installed an Audiovox unit in the coupe yesterday. I got it on ebay and it seems to work just fine and wasn't to bad to install . Now my leg can rest on the way to Omaha.

Reply to
Jerry Kaiser

Good to know. Thanks for the feedback. Jeff

"Jerry Kaiser" wrotet...

Reply to
Jeff Rice