Design that doesn't work

I like the over all concept of this car, but the front end just doesn't work. Matthew

mbstude

Other that mild modifications, I have never seen a custom that was an improvement on the original 53 design.

Alex Magdaleno

That "1910 Bistro waiter's mustache look" grill from the Pontiac is just IMO silly. The "regular mustache" grill that Studebaker designed is better, although many have improved on the execution of that design by tweaking, not hacking. Of course an idle idea of mine is that at midpoint just below the hood lip to have a round "Lazy S" insert that lights up at night a bull's "nose ring" if you will. I didn't say the idle idea would have to be truly inspired, did I? I thought it would be fun to have something that tips a styling hat clue to the previous bulletnose in the newer sleeker body style. If vented, it would help with the cooling as well. Slightly lower and smaller than the headlights would hint at a "V" shape (for V8 naturally) and also be a hint of a reverse image of the Studebaker grills, without making the car look too much like a 51-53 Kaiser.

Jim Bartley on PEI

George

The hood reminds me of a VW.

Reply to