DiscoBaker off to the frozen north

DiscoBaker #1 left for Wisconsin today....what a fiasco... The buyer is a complete novice to Studes and most likely old cars in general. He is paying almost as much to ship the thing as he paid for it. I gave him the opportunity to bow out after once again telling him in no uncertain terms that it was a parts car but he said he wanted it. His snipe bid took it away from some familiar bidders who probably had a real use for the car, but oh well... I was kind of pissed; he told the shipper it drove and the shipper didn't have a rig with even a winch, so it was a pain to load. It will probably become yard art.... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

I feel the same way about the old couple that bought my project Avanti. They are still waiting for it to be delivered, but e-mailed asking about where to get the clock fixed. It'll be many months before they'll get to something as minor as the clock.

Studebaker George wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos