Door wide open? (semi OT)

The 'deduction' does not mean a lot, really.... that .53/mile is taken off your income, not your tax directly... You'd be lucky to clear $300 in 'real money'

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

I just did my taxes and wrote off a trip to ND, total write off was $1095 (actual expenses)... increase in tax return was right at $200. So about 20 cents on the dollar for "you can just write it off" folks.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Ya gotta luv da guv'ment.

When I was getting regular payments for mileage back in the late 1990's I'm sure that the rate was near 40¢ per mile. Considering that gas has more than tripled, inflation is much more than they admit to and you have a recipe for a decline in the standard of living.

I'm lookin' for a horse that doesn't eat too much...

JT

Lee wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Well, just consider it "mad" money and go right out and spend it so the economy can get goin' again.

Don't buy any Studebaker stuff since such is no longer in the economic pipeline. Spend it a Wallywoild etc.

JT

Lee Aanderud wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Screw Walmart, until they open up more than 2 of the 26 registers I'm pretty much done with that place.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

You just have to live in a more "progressive" place...

JT

(equal opportunity at all checkouts)

Lee Aanderud wrote:

Reply to