Drove my Stude to work today

Got attention at the gas station from a civilian.

It used half quart of oil from Sylvester to Wakulla, FL, to Albany, GA.

Getting 17.5 MPG trying to keep up with Loren Hendley's lead foot.

Dave

Reply to
So. Ga. Cruiser

'Drove my sedan to work today as well, just like I do everyday.

I had 3 people walk in the store today and ask me to step outside and fire the engine up, so they could hear the duals rumble... Hard to beat a nice sounding Studebaker V8.

I get more comments and compliments with the '58 than any other Stude I've driven. Most people ask "What color are you gonna paint it?" My response; "I'm not. I like the stained, scratched, and discolored factory paint job; paint runs and all."

BTW, Loren DOES have a lead foot... I followed him from Oscilla to Cairo a couple years ago, and have a picture of my '59 pickup's speedometer needle pointed at 75 MPH...

Matthew

Reply to
mbstude

Studebaker George