Eastwood video OT

Eastwood is featuring a site of product videos so I watched a couple of them like the power coatings video. Now I never priced out having power coating done from someone else but the video makes it look stupid proof. All they don't know very well, do they!

Reply to
Rick Courtier

Hi All, I have used the Eastwood Hot Coat system for years. It really is quite good, and the parts come out very, very nice as long as you do the prep work. Just like paint, more than half of the result is in the prep work that is done before the color goes on.

I use it mostly for prototype parts for the design projects that I am working on. I work in the field of the design and development of equipment to help people with disabilities (wheelchairs and the like). I am often tasked to make a prototype part as a section of a product development or product design activity. At any rate, good clean parts, bead blasted and wiped clean with a solvent produce parts that look as good or better than the parts you get from commercial equipment.

You can find dozens of powder coated parts on my various Studebaker and motorcycle projects, and the cost is dirt cheap as compared to sending the parts out. The best thing is the nearly instant turn around. I make a mounting bracket by bending, welding, drilling or whatever, and after a few minutes of prep, I can shoot it and as soon as it is cool, I can install or assemble it.

Make sure that there is no water in your air line, don't touch the unfinished part with those oily fingers, and you will have great luck.

By the way, I still use the original Hot Coat gun. The newer, fancier gun system is much better, but not so much of an improvement that I find it necessary to replace mine.....

Have fun, Allen

Rick Courtier wrote:

Reply to
Allen Siekman