ebay proof read please

I had heard about this car in rumor for over 20 years. Chuck Naugle and Bruce Sandburg had known about it for longer. One day a lawyer called me about what it was worth as Betty had passed away. John you are right, she had kept everything since the car was new. There was even a letter from Ed Reynolds in the stack of papers asking if he could buy the car. It was sold by a sealed bid at the estate sale. Jim Feddeck hung around all day just quietly listening to what people were saying then put in the top bid. Betty was "the little old lady in tennis shoes" that we all hear about and of course the Arizona weather being what it is you can see the state of preservation in the car.

But, I add, there are no more cars like that out here, so no need for a migration to AZ. All the cars are gone so no need to come to Arizona looking for any. Just stay home.

Bob Miles

Reply to
bob m

I thought Feddick's Avanti had a Tangerine interior?

Reply to
Dwain G.

Reply to
John Poulos

Dwain Jim had 2 64 Avanti and a 87 Avanti convertable but none with tangerine interior I am ansering this thru google.I am having trouble with out look today

Jerry

Dwa> I thought Feddick's Avanti had a Tangerine interior?

Reply to
studeblu

I have been thru all the paper work and don't find a letter from Ed but there are two from Chuck Naugle one dated in 1971 and one 1972 also a letter from a lawyer and a stack of notes that had been left at her car all wanting to buy it. Bob you make it sound like Jim did something under handed at the estate sale. It just sounds to me like he played it smart and had the money to back it up.If they were walking around telling what they had bid on it that would not have been too smart would it ? And if that is what happened you can blame Jim for taking advantage of that Jerry

Reply to
studeblu

Did not mean to imply that at all. I was there too, just looking but could no more afford it then than I can afford it now. As far as the car goes with all the talk about the interior and everything, it is just like it was in 1992 when the car first surfaced. The letter was actually from Ed Reynold wife. The lawyer contacted me about the car and I just suggested that I was not an Avanti expert and they should probably do it with a sealed bid. The lawyer contacted Wayne Francisco who also was there that day. Wayne was the one talking about what the car was worth and he would only bid so much. If I had the money, I probably would have done what Jim did, wait all day then put the final bid in.

Sorry for the misunderstanding Jerry.

Bob Miles

Reply to
bob m