extended studebaker warrantee

On my answering machine, about once a week, I have a truncated message telling me that the warrantee on my car is about to expire and offering to extend it. (Obviously, it will do no good to "Press 1.") Today, I got a call from a live person, seemingly a trainee. She had no idea what a Studebajer was nor even that they wouldn't extend a warrantee on a 40+ year old car. I kept asking to speak with an advisor and repeaating that this was a Studebaker that was older than she was, but the "Warrantee Advisor" ws always busy. She was not happy with the identification number that I gave as it didn't have seventeen characters and wondered why I couldn't tell her how many miles on it. I was able to explain the condition of the car, though. Soon it became clear that she was a trainee and that there was an instructor there, too. Eventually, after several pauses for consultation, she just said that they would be unable to add my car and said goodbye. I wonder if this is the last of these calls - but doubt it.

Reply to
Karl Haas

That sounds like fun!

Reply to
zoombot

I too ask them to extend the warranty. I let them talk and talk and talk, then when they think they have me I tell them it is a Studebaker and the lline goes dead.

Love it

Reply to
Bill Glass

I was here at the house this morning when one of those automated extended warranty calls came in. I always hang up on 'em. Too bad I didn't think about talking to them and asking about my warranty, that could've been fun. But heck, my 100K mile warranty hasn't even expired yet on my '59. It's got less than 60K miles on the clock. Maybe if my engine goes out, SASCO will give me a new one?

Matthew

Reply to
mbstude

Seriously, get them to go thru the whole deal. Start asking questions before they ask you for you VIN number or make and model. Make them work for annoying you.

Reply to
Bill Glass