Forum down?????

Can't log on, anyone else having problem

Reply to
Bill Glass

Not just forum, the whole SDC website is down.

Reply to
zoombot

Still down at 7:435 edt

Reply to
BobJ

I wonder when they'll learn that they don't need to run this site on a server sitting in someone's closet in the spare bedroom? There are plenty of web hosting sites that are maintained 24/7/365 with redundant everything. And the cost isn't all that much considering the amount of work required to keep this thing up... I think I pay $35/yr. for the company I use to host my website. No hardware costs, no constant software upgrade installations, etc...

Lee

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Lee Aanderud

So, SDC is funding the costs of a T1 line in a private home?

Reply to
BobJ

I doubt he has a T1 line to his house, he could host a website with any internet connection from dial-up to fiber. Probably more like a DSL or Cable connection.

Lee

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Lee - don't be a troll.

Reply to
zoombot

"troll"... did I say something that was untrue? I can guarantee that if this site were on a "real" hosting service that there wouldn't be any (or nearly) the down-time it experiences. If the board members had any sense, they'd be up the webmaster's ass for the amount of downtime the site has experienced in the past year... but they don't so they aren't. This is a paid position and the guy isn't doing his job. People who don't know what it takes to be a network manager think he's doing an excellent job, but in the real world he'd be out on his ass if he pulled the same crap. The guy schedules upgrades during the middle of the day... because it's an inconvenience for him to do it when the usage is lowest (between midnight and 8:00 a.m.) I manage computer networks (including web servers) for a living, so I have a little experience in this area (around 20 years). What do you do... other than make dumb-ass comments on newsgroups?

Lee

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Lee Aanderud

What do you do... other than make dumb-ass comments on newsgroups?

Thanks for proving my point, Lee.

Reply to
zoombot

What point, that you can't answer a simple question and complain about things you obviously know nothing about?

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Lee Aanderud

here's mine

I vote we make Lee A the new Webmaster

he has all the answers

how much of the $35 a year for hosting do you need from me?

Reply to
duuuuuude on the DELL

I vote for you... since we all know you don't have a thing to do all day but sit around waiting to die. Besides I'm guessing things must be slow over on alt.mothers for you to show your ugly head over here.

I have the answers to this problem, which you would know nothing of... I might as well be speaking about brain surgery or making toast to you. Do I want the job, nope. Why would I want to do for a hobby what I do all week at work?

I'd hate to take any money from you, your broke, welfare system working (found while searching your e-mail address), ass needs to spend it on cat food.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Reply to
blacklarkviii

Reply to
Malcom Gillette

YAY time to come out of the foxhole and chuck a rock! BONK right at ya Lee!

Reply to
RebelStude

Lee.. Cut the crap. I know him and haven't heard from him in a while....so I said hi and asked where's he's been. So... I care, and don't need your shit tossed out here... Jeff

"Lee Aanderud" wrote...

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Jeff Rice

Jeff, this goes back a long ways, he's been nothing but an asshole to me so if he's going to toss it he's going to get it thrown back at him irregardless of what you or anybody else says.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Well Lee... You must be keeping a list.....a pretty long list, huh?

"Lee Aanderud" wrote...

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Jeff Rice

No list, just a good memory. Actually it's not that long... he just happens to be one of them. You know the type, the ones you wouldn't stop to piss on if they ran past you with their hair on fire.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud