FA: 1958 Packard Hawk 3spd O/D Car

I got this car as part of a collection about a year ago. The owner and I were going to restore it since the Packard Hawks are pretty hard to find. I placed it in the registry, put it in the shop and then things got busy and we held off starting the resto.

Two months ago the owner passed away and left all of his vehicles to his church. Since we are a consignment dealer, and we knew the cars well the church contracted with us to sell the cars. We are selling them with reserves set at wholesale price.

If you have any questions or want to see the car in person just let us know. Our e-mail and phone number are on the auction page. This car was very special to its owner and I would really like to see it go to someone who will restore it to its full glory.

0068227172 Thanks! L.C. Collector Car Central LLC Consignmet Sales

Reply to
CCC

OK, I'm your high bidder and made reserve.

CCC wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Wasn't there a guy that said something about restoration costs and inexpensive Avantis, and doesn't the same apply to Packard Hawks? :)

OK, never mind I just clicked on the auction. If that is the original leather interior, you are good to go. Need to find all the whirly bits that sit on top of the engine, though.

nate

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Have you ever played with one of these? If not, it's a rare opportunity for you, I'd guess there's not many postwars you haven't encountered.

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

It would be my very first Packard Hawk, but I'll be outbid.

Pat Drnec wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

I will check on those items and post it as an update on the auction.

As a rule I don't post a lot of for sale type listings, I only do it when there is something that is rare, interesting, or in some way a target audience vehicle (like this one). I am actually an actor and I only work with vintage cars because I love working with them. We have had an Avanti 2 on the lot and a 50 Chamion as well in the Stude and Stude-like category.

The seats are vinyl, so they were recovered at some point. Exterior armrests are vinyl too.

Thanks L.C. Mixon President Collector Car Central LLC

254-771-5414

Reply to
CCC

You are correct about the OD Transmission being rather unique in the Packard Hawk. Of the 588 cars built only 26 had the OD transmission. The car you have is one of those 26. Mike W

Mike Williams

Did anyone on this group buy the car ? I was bidding for my brother on this up until the last 2 minutes of the auction. We were up to $9150. My brother said that was enough, He decided he didn't need another project that bad. His friend quoted him $1500 for shipping in an enclosed truck. I was telling him he could do better on the shipping,and to go a little bit more. His money his call. All we did was make the buyer spend more money for it in the end. I hope the car finds a good home and his restored to its former glory. I know that car stirs a lot of mixed emotions about its styling . I like everything about it except the fake spare tire thingy on the trunk lid. All I will say is this. How many good looking cars were actually made in 1958. I look at 1958 as the highwater mark in bad styling.

Reply to
jflan63

Reply to
Studebakerboy

My brother Gary inherited my Dad's Packard Hawk. Following Dave Ramsey, the financial peace guys' advice he may be selling the car. Ramsey says if you wouldn't spend your own money on the car, it should be sold. Gary did buy this car in college in 1971 for a few hundred dollars and traded to Dad for a 64 GT. He sold Dads' Speedster last fall and got a decent price for it.

I'm toying with selling the Golden Hawk Dad left me since I'm in the throws of building a house. My thinking is that the prices of these cars is near the top and once more of the guys like Dad and the other Boomers die off I can buy the car back cheaper if I want it. I'll stir the stink with that prediction and envision the flames shooting at me. I don't have to ask anyones take on this because I know noone is bashfull at this forum.

Anyways, you fellows take care.

Kevin Edwards

Reply to
Studebakerboy