Fiberglass Dash in a Champ Truck

The Dash cover in my 62 Champ was cracking and starting to peel. I thought I would just scrap it all off and paint it. When I started scraping I found the top part under the cover is fiberglass. Now I have had 8 or 10 Champs over the years and never have I seen a fiberglass dash top on a Champ. Has any one ever seen this? It is truly a new one me.

Reply to
studeblu

The one in my sixty two is certainly metal. What year was the truck you found the fiberglass one.

Col> The Dash cover in my 62 Champ was cracking and starting to peel. I thought I

Reply to
Colin Jack

Its a 62. I have had one other 62 and it was metal.

Reply to
studeblu

Maybe you have a rare factory prototype. My Champ had a steel dash. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson