Found a '56 Clipper Deluxe on eBay

This one looks real sweet! Any reason I shouldn't bid on it?

PixlPshr

Several expensive reasons. For starters, a pair of taillights needing replating will cost you about $700. If the taillights are bad, what is the rest of the pot metal like? Whats the motor box look like? I bought a Caddy on ebay that looked way better than the Packard and got one of the worst screwings of my life. Before you lay your wallet on the line, you had better ask a ton of questions, and have the answers put in writing in an email.

Reply to
dwcars

I retract my response. I was thinking about the 57 listed. The seller of the 56 doesn't look like the kind of guy who would stick it to you.

Reply to
dwcars

Any reason that only the driver's side is shown in the photos? Dick S.

Reply to
Dick Shurson

Sorry but I think the start price is too high...No pictures of the motor under hood , trunk or frame and better views of the inside,etc...Its 4 door and plain...Just my opinion...good luck...

Lans>>This one looks real sweet! Any reason I shouldn't bid on it?

Reply to
Lansing Small

I agree. I have a 56 400 w/ a/c I would sell in near that price range which has no lower body rust. BH

Reply to
Barry