Gravely/Studebaker stuff

Paul, you need to talk to this guy:

John Poulos

Damn! I really don't need another one, but... That's a nice set of equipment. I already have a '62 (Studebaker-Packard), the front mower and front sickle. That tractor was made when they were still using Gravely-built engines. In those days most small engines were splash oilers, the Gravely engines were full-flow oiling engines (2 1/2 quart oil capacity- the crankcase and tranny use the same oil). . They are also cast iron engines, not aluminum- really bulletproof. All drive mechanisms are gear, not belt and all clutches are mechanical, not electric. And, the ignition is magneto. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Reply to
John Poulos

Sure did. There were something like 60 different accessories available for these tractors- even a backhoe. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson