Grill surround redux (link)

Remember the 'Studebaker' grill surround on eBay? I emailed the seller the following:

"That's for a Mercedes. It's not in good condition, either - kinda bent, don't you think? I do believe you're asking more than the dealer for a new one as well. Other than that, it's a hell of a deal."

Revised listing:

Pat Drnec

Yeah, but now he also has a rare 1961 Studebaker AM Radio up for auction... $449.99.

He does have some other Stude stuff:
?ViewItem&category4204&itemE34577563
?ViewItem&category4204&itemE34577564
?ViewItem&category076&itemE34846721

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

076&itemE34846721>

Reply to
John Poulos

Wow - this guy must be getting ready to move to Florida or something - check out some of the other things he has up - pots, pants, even some books - LOL

Ebay has quickly become your local garage sale...only you can't handle the crap before you put down your 25 cents.

Reply to
62champ

076&itemE34846721>

Weird thing is, everything is outrageous except one really decent item which he UNDERPRICED- a Hawk clock apparently in working order???

Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Well, at least his not as bad as the fella with the $400.00 "made in the

40's", 51-54 standard Champion head. Of course, his answer was just classic! "If your not interested in it, there is someone out there that is and the next person will take it".

Even after I pointed him to SASCO's Ebay auction for Champion heads, his comment was super! "After spending all that money on rebuilding an engine, I'd be weary of putting a $29.00 head on it. Not that it might not be quality, but it's the principle of the thing". "My part is better quality and as such should cost a little more".

My comment back to him, "Where do you think the head(s) you have came from? They came out of the parts depot in South Bend and are the extact same ones. So, what makes you think that the ones you have are any better quality then these? They are in the same water proof paper wrap, in the same new box and they come from the same place yours came from.

Bo

Reply to
64daytonaht

Well Bo they're his and that makes all the diffence. To him anyway. He's probably pretty sure the sun rises in the west and sets in the east too.

64dayt> Well, at least his not as bad as the fella with the $400.00 "made in the
Reply to
Transtar60

Possibly! But, I know he's convinced they are rare and his has to be the very best, or they wouldn't have been on his grandfather's shelf all these years. Of course, I did agree with him sorta, and explained that there have been several sets of NOS heads sitting on the grandfather's shelf all these years, too. The only difference being that these are late model V8 heads.

Bo

Reply to
64daytonaht

The EBay seller sounds like he sees things through Maxine Waters' eyes.

Reply to
NVArt

Either that, or Maxey Morgan's?

Reply to