Harbor Freight Thanksgiving Sale <link>

Hey Jeff, thanks for the heads up!! Saw this as soon as you posted, got up from the 'puter and drove the Skytop to HF. Didn't go crazy, but got the swing arm magnifying glass with light, the cheapo 4-1/2 grinder as a backup to my (getting noisy) Craftsman, and a few bits and pieces of misc stuff (batteries, brushes, etc). Been wanting one of those magnifiers for a while......eyes are gettin' old!

Paul

Reply to
R1Lark

Hey Jeff, thanks for the heads up!! Saw this as soon as you posted, got up from the 'puter and drove the Skytop to HF. Didn't go crazy, but got the swing arm magnifying glass with light, the cheapo 4-1/2 grinder as a backup to my (getting noisy) Craftsman, and a few bits and pieces of misc stuff (batteries, brushes, etc). Been wanting one of those magnifiers for a while......eyes are gettin' old!

Paul

Reply to
Barry

We sill pay dearly for all this cheapo stuff eventually...

JT

Barry wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Thanks, Bo. I think I 'll buy it. Anybody tried one of those big tool boxes?? BTW, do you know the party selling the Studes in Killeen?

Barry'd in Studes

Reply to
Barry

Barry,

The English wheel is worth it.

Bo

Hey Jeff, thanks for the heads up!! Saw this as soon as you posted, got up from the 'puter and drove the Skytop to HF. Didn't go crazy, but got the swing arm magnifying glass with light, the cheapo 4-1/2 grinder as a backup to my (getting noisy) Craftsman, and a few bits and pieces of misc stuff (batteries, brushes, etc). Been wanting one of those magnifiers for a while......eyes are gettin' old!

Paul

Reply to
64daytonaht

You may well be right..... I sometimes wonder what it was like in the late 1700's to mid 1800's over in Europe when they were importing all of our cheap goods that were cheap because of slavery. They (the Brits, French, Germans, And Spaniards) didn't give a whit about our internal struggles. They just wanted stuff cheap. And they got it. And they are still around today. So, I wonder about our willingness to deride the importation of goods, and in the same breath laud the big selling dollars we can get with our stuff. Sure, it's a dilemna... Sure, it might not last.. (and probably won't, as their raw material cost's and labor cost's won't stay down forever.. So, I am taking advantage of a deal when I can. Besides.... Where else can I get something with good lead based paint on it anymore ... Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

My brother is a contractor. Recently, he bought a couple hammers at H.F. for some of the crew. When they started whacking on some case hardened nails, the nails embedded themselves in the face of the hammer....

Reply to
BobJ

Wages in China are rising way faster then most of the world, they have a rapidly growing middle class now. They are buying cars,computers and the rest at a mad rate. If you recall, Japan was the low wage junk manufacturer not that long ago, and China is headed the same way.

Barry wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Barry

Well, I popped for the English Wheel.. It'll stay in the box for awhile... Also worked a manager deal on the extra wheel set...

Bought a few big rolls of Emery paper to polish >

DEEPNHOCK
Reply to
Gordon Richmond

I took a much more simplistic view. I bought back some steel that was one of my old Stude's ground up by a third party. Jeff

Reply to
DEEPNHOCK

When you have more to lose, you won't support crazy actions by your government. Leave the vast mass of China's people in poverty, and they might conclude that there is little to lose in launching a war against Taiwan, or even the USA.

Yank: Why not? Worked on the Canucks. Canuck: Why not? Worked on the Yanks.

Dammit Gord, you know it's just wrong to discuss world politics on this site. Especially when I agree with you.

Reply to
comatus