Harbor Freight ad spoofs

Hilarious!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That was good. Went to HF this weekend, used a coupon to buy some Goodyear rubber air hose and some other odds and ends. I wonder how they ended up stocking Goodyear hose? It's a bit out of character for HF.

Meanwhile, after the deluge, I'm washing mud off my tools, drying them and getting rid of surplus stuff that I forgot I had.

Reply to
ATP

"ATP" fired this volley in news:50a03b05$0 $1237$ snipped-for-privacy@cv.net:

It's made in China. ANYbody can stamp the Goodyear logo on their hose.

If you cannot sue them to stop, then you can't stop them.

All HF would have to say is, "Well, it was labeled 'GoodYear', so we thought it was...."

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I think that Goodyear would sue HF.

ATP

Maybe Goodyear is licensing their logo to Chinese factories for a few cents a foot.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Mor'n likely.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Sure it was Goodyear? I've seen spoof brands, Somy or Panascenic. Mighta been Goodwear, instead of Goodyear.

.

Mor'n likely.

Lloyd

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Not really. Ive got Goodyear hose that I bought 6 yrs ago at HF. Its much much much better than that blue shit they sell in the Dirt Cheap section that will simply break in half if its below 38F and you shake it hard.

I still have some 500' of decent hose, out of the 800' of hose that I brought home when I shut down Ceromet in Anaheim, California. Some of it was pretty far gone, so I tossed it..but gave air hose to all of my buddies for their shops. And I still have some 400" of 3/4" Goodyear 300PSI hose. On the spools.

-- ""The Democratic constituency is just like a herd of cows. All you have to do is lay out enough silage and they come running. That?s why I became an operative working with Democrats. With Democrats all you have to do is make a lot of noise, lay out the hay, and be ready to use the ole cattle prod in case a few want to bolt the herd.

Eighty percent of the people who call themselves Democrats don?t have a clue as to political reality. What amazes me is that you could take a group of people who are hard workers and convince them that they should support social programs that were the exact opposite of their own personal convictions. Put a little fear here and there and you can get people to vote any way you want.

The voter is basically dumb and lazy. The reason I became a Democratic operative instead of a Republican was because there were more Democrats that didn?t have a clue than there were Republicans." James Carvell, DNC operative

Reply to
Gunner

Ayup. Its good hose. I keep 50' of it hooked up on a spool for my shop needs

And its at least 6 yrs old if not more. They been selling it for quite a while.

HF aint all crap. They have some decent stuff mixed in with the crap.

Gunner

[...]

I'd guess it's overstock from a distributor or the like...

--

Reply to
dpb

It's legit. I also bought some real rubber garden hose from Home Depot that is 200 percent better than the plastic crap I've been replacing every few years.

Reply to
ATP