How to make a Plymouth guy cringe

Does anyone know how many '58 Plymouths were destroyed making this movie? :(

Matthew

Reply to
mbstude

I read just reacently that they used something like 24 cars, 7 of which were totalled (but not all of which were actual Furys).

Makes you cry, doesn't it?

Reply to
showbizkid

The movie was the best thing that ever happened for Fury owners. Most of the 20 some car were lower models made to look like Fury's and the movie drove a lot of interest to the cars.

mbstude wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Yep, most of the cars were Belvederes. The factory never made a red Fury. But still...

Matthew

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
mbstude

Matthew, tell me would could not come up with 20 rust bucket C-K parts cars right on this news group to star in a major movie ? The studio could use one or two nice ones for the close up shots and trash the parts cars. I'd bet 20 cars like that are either crushed are lost to accidents every year, far better to show a few million movie goers a Studebaker.

mbstude wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Reply to