If You Love Blowers (link)

Flathead Ford Blower setup...

It's worth a look just for the pictures...

or

Jeff Rice

Oh, yeah. So, in the 20's everybody drew through the carbs because they thought it was easier to set up? How things change! Notice some illiterati think the company changed its name to "Scott," when it was really S.Co.T. (Supercharger Company of Torino). How's come no Ford Torinos ever show up with these? Similarly-named "Intermeccanica" produced several sports cars, but can't remember any of them being supercharged, either.

Follow the links far enough
"123and you find a Bond scholar at the Scotsman who REALLY doesn't like Avantis,and evidently doesn't even know what a Studillac is. Anybody recall seeingthat tire warning plate? My stock "tyres" and "wafted gentle breeze" seemedto handle rather well, actually, compared to, say, XK150 or E-types I'vedriven, but then I've never chased a Lancia with an Amherst VilliersBentley. I'll be chuckling through the evening at the idea of an aficianadoof 50's Brit specials mocking "skinny American tyres."

Reply to
comatus

On / in a Readers Digest (of the time) sized Hot Rod R&C type magazine of the 1950's or early 60's there was an article about a blower like this (or what GM / Gray Marine used) on top of a flathead Ford. Beside it was a man named Yates (or Yeats) who built it and claimed 435 HP from it. The engine, on a stand, was TALL!

(I think that this is NOT the NASCAR engine builder, but I may be wrong.)

I'd love to have that photo again.

Karl

Reply to
midlant