Kentucky Derby (ot)

Barbaro!

I have to admit... My daughter made 'Makers Mark' Mint Juleps..... They work Gooooood... Even my Lab Retriever loves them (spoon fed the bitch).... This was a great race, even if you aren't a horse person.... That horse could run! And that jockey knew how to ride! Never...NEVER touched that horse with the whip..... GREAT horse... and GREAT jockey.... If Barbaro has a chance in the Triple Crown... I'd toss a bet just for horse class and jockey skill..... Really. Jeff (dufus on Stude's, but loves fast stuff...horses included..) Rice

***
Reply to
Jeff Rice

Damn.... Getting old is an awakening..... When your daughter can make you a drink (Makers' Mark Mint Julip aka: Kentucky Derby Staple).... that kicks your ass........ Jeff (sigh....with a crooked smile...) Rice

"Jeff Rice" wrote..

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Great race, that horse was pullin hard on the top end, beautiful animal, never did hear a time on him. also first time i ever saw 20 horses in a race, Florida horse, and he wasn't yellow, lol

Bob Whiten Wagonmaster

Wagonmaster

Anyone have any idea how many HP is put out on average by the winner in the race?

I would guess at least 25.

Karl

Reply to
midlant

i'd say 1 hp

Bob Whiten Wagonmaster

Wagonmaster

Edgar Prado is a excellent rider,too bad because i had all the closers in that race,too little time to make up too much ground

Reply to
charliestude