Large stock of used Stude stuff needs to be sold

I received the following email from Bob Peterson, Castro Valley, CA in response to my email of another subject. He has lost his storage yard and is parting out a bunch of cars. He is planning to make South Bend and will deliver there. "PAUL SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE TRIP, BUT HOPE YOU MAKE IT TO SOUTH BEND AND WE CAN GET TOGETHER, FOR THE PAST 2 MONTHS WE HAVE BEEN CUTTING UP CARS AND TRUCKS FOR SCRAP AND SAVEING SOME ITEMS, ALL CAR FRAMES AND TRUCK BEDS, AND MOST TRUCK CABS, MOST "T" CABS ARE RUSTED AND NOT WORTH KEEPING, REAR END ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE, SOME FRONT END, SOME TAIL ENDS OF CARS ALL DOORS AND GLASS, ENGINES BY THE TONS, BUT ALL 6 CLYS. GET SCRAPPED, V-8 ARE TAKEN APART FOR THE 289 CRANKS, PANS, CAMS, AND OIL PUMPS EVERY THING ELSE IS SCRAPED EXCEPT BLOCK LESS THAN 40 OVER AND ONLY #70 AND #82 HEADS ARE KEEEP, I WILL SEND YOU SOME PICTURES, I PLAN TO PUT AN AD IN TURNING WHEELS AND GIVE FREE DELIVERY FOR PRE PAID ITEMS AND MAKE A TRIP TO SOME UP AND COMING EVENT MAYBE A ZONE MEET OF SOMETHING AS I WILL NEED TO BE OUT OF THE YARD IN MAY OF 08 SO AFTER THAT MOST EVERY THING ELSE WILL ALSO BE SCRAPPED, PASS THE WORD RIGHT NOW I HAVE ABOUT 30 FRAMES STACKED UP, SOME FLOOR PANS ECT, TALK TO YOU LATER.....BOB" He operates as candbstudebakers, is a SDC member in the roster. I can provide his email off-group. Paul Johnson.

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Bob is a good man to deal with. Sorry to hear he will close next year.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Could you send me his e-mail address? Send it to snipped-for-privacy@aol.com I need one dumb part. Thanks

Reply to
Bill Glass

I feel silly. I can't picture Bob, but I do remember his earlier PU with a '64 "Lark"-style doghouse on it.

Karl

Reply to
midlant