Lark Frame

Are the frames the same on a 4 and 2 door '59 Lark? Thanks for your help!

Reply to
dochaag

Most two door sedans were six cylinder cars. The sixes and V8's had a different thickness of steel because of the difference in weight of the engine, transmissions and brakes. Both had a 108" wheelbase, but there is a difference between the six cylinder and eight cylinder frames.

Bob Miles Tucson AZ

Reply to
bob m

Are all of the mounting locations (bolt holes) the same? I have a trashed frame under my 2 door lark but I have a good frame from my 4 door donor car. I'm planning to swap them. Will this work?

Reply to
dochaag

Give me a day to look up in the parts manual the mounting points. Getting all the Christmas stuff out of the storage room has taken a chunk of time.

Bob Miles Tucson AZ

Reply to
bob m