My old R2 Lark on ebay

This just ticks me off. I sold the guy this car 5 years ago and he comes up with this total BS line:

"As you will notice, this car does not have the original 150 mph speedometer. The previous owner kept this piece because of its rarity claiming that it was ?broken?. I did not realize how rare this piece was at the time or I would have demanded it when I bought it. When I later asked for the ?broken? speedo, he refused to give it up."

I wrote him:

"Since I sold you the car, I'm confused about your comments about the

150 MPH speedo. I assume you meant the 160 MPH speedo that was standard on the full package Supelarks. Your car, my old one, did not have a 160 MPH speedo from the factory, nor did I have one for the car. At the time you bought the car, you could have bought a new one from SASACO in South Bend, but it would be incorrect for the car. BTW,I have no idea where you came up with the broken speedometer story."
Reply to
John Poulos

John

That is Ebay dont yah know that to many sellers make it up as they type.

Reply to
Studebaker Kid

Some "expert" re-informed the seller at a car show - that's my guess.

And since some folks seem to believe total strangers rather than proven authories.....

Reply to
zoombot