Not only are Wagons Cool.They're Handy

Used my 55 Conestoga yesterday to haul christmas stuff from my signifigant others house to mine and a lawn mower. Looked good loaded. Sitting low

Bob Whiten Wagonmaster

Wagonmaster

I suppose that it is of no interest that I bought a '55 Champ wagon, inspected, registered, clean, dent-free and running well, with good tires for $50! Great car.

Karl (that was > Used my 55 Conestoga yesterday to haul christmas stuff from my

Reply to
midlant

There is nothing cooler on this planet than a Wagonaire with the roof open, heading home on Christmas eve with the tree sticking out the top.

Every owner should buy a slider just for this experience. This one thing should have been enough to keep the model in production, and the firm in business.

Yes, Virginia.

Reply to
comatus

Some where I have a photo of my Wagonaire carrying a refrigerator. My wildest (mis)use of my Wagonaire was in '70 or '71. I was doing a play area for the kids and I wanted a load of mulch. So, I went to a nursery that sold bulk mulch, put down the back seat, opened the roof, rolled up the back glass and had them fill the back of the car with mulch (using a front-end loader). My cousin's husband was a NBC newsman in Washington, DC when the sliding roof Wagonaires came out. He tried to get NBC to buy them for TV camera cars (like the Matchbox model). NBC declined because they didn't have a "reciprocal agreement" (whatever that is) with Studebaker. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson