Off Topic: federal outrage

And this is happening under a GOP administration.

God help us!

Dave Miller So. Ga. Cruiser

Reply to
So. Ga. Cruiser

Here's a perfect example of how this country has gone NUTS.

I'm not a CNN or Lou Dobbs fan, but follow the links and watch the video!

And this is happening under a GOP administration.

God help us!

Dave Miller So. Ga. Cruiser

Reply to
So. Ga. Cruiser

Here's the governments case, with a little more info :

So. Ga. Cruiser wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

And a reply to the governments story:

I read it all and I get the impressi> Here's the governments case, with a little more info :

Reply to
John Poulos

Sure throws a whole new light on it doesn't it? I heard about this story on one of the right wing talk shows. They like to tout this type of story to promote outrage but they seldom tell the whole story.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Here we go with the right/left crap again. Sorry Alex, even though I'm on the left, and the agents broke the rules, I think I'd let them slide for shooting the drug smuggler in the ass. Maybe fine them, reprimand them or whatever, but prison time ?

Alex Magdaleno wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

And the wet back's CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS???

Do thy mean the AMERICAN CONSTITUTION?

Isn't that for AMERICANS?

D. M.

Reply to
So. Ga. Cruiser

No, it applies to all persons in America.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Jail time, or a lot of jail time may be exessive, but they did not know he was a drug smuggler when they shot him. They did not even know for sure that he was illegal. That they only wounded him is the ass was pure luck and bad marksmanship. There was an 18 year old American citizen killed by our troops on the border a few years back. He was on his own familie's land herding sheep. The shoot first and ask questions later mindset is dangerous.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

I've heard a lot about this story and as far as I'm concerned the agents biggest mistake was not killing the SOB.

Jeff DeWitt

Alex Magdaleno wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

Reply to
Dan Kay

Reply to
dwcars

Look at the "rights" the Mexican government gives to foreigners- even legal ones. NONE! God help a Honduran or Guatemelan who gets caught entering Mexico illegally. He may as well be a Palestinian job seeker entering Israel illegally! The US is being overrun with drugs, crime, and disease from south of the norder because the government will not do anything about the border. Now that Bush, along with the Democrats and a gaggle of liberal GOP senators like McCain have imported half of Latin America into this country illegally against the wishes of the American majority, he wants to put them all on Soc Security, whether they paid into it or not. BH

Reply to
Barry

DITTO!

marksmanship.

Reply to
Barry

I'd have sentanced the patrole agents to a little more target practice so that NEXT time they finish the job the FIRST time they have to shoot. That's one of the problems now days, the CRIMINAL has more rights than the VICTIM. Here, if someone comes at you with a knife and you shoot them, YOU are more likely to be charged with a crime because you used 'excessive force'. If someone is on your property, day or night, or IN YOUR HOUSE you must FIRST ask them to leave before they can be charged with tresspassing. Doesn't matter if it's 3 in the morning and they are bigger than you and you are home alone.

Reply to
Dale J.

I guess you missed the point. They did not know he was a criminal. They did not know he had drugs in his vehicle. They had no reason to shoot at him.Your attitude is what leads to the inevitable cases where totally innocent people get shot by authorities.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Hey Alex... why don't you go run back and forth across the border.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

As usual, Barry gets it wrong. That McCain is a liberal to you, shows just how far off the scale to the right you are. The only social security they were going to give was to those illegal aliens who had paid into it for years. People can legitimately say that even that is wrong, but do not lie and say there was ever any plan to give it to people who never paid into it.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

...or how far off the scale to the left that YOU are.

Reply to
WayneC

Here's a long list of cases at the Supreme Court involving illegal aliens. If you were right, that illegal aliens have no constitutional rights, then there would be not one supreme court ruling, as they would reject all such cases because illegal aliens had no rights. There have been many cases where the Supreme Court has ruled that illegal aliens are covered by various areas of the constitution. That does not mean they have all the rights in the constitution, just some of them.

Alex Magdaleno