AM Radio in 62 Daytona - thanks Lee DeLaBarre!

Hey Lee - I took my time, followed the instructions to the letter, and everything works! Boy, there isn't allot of room in there for the radio

- but there was enough! It was really something to punch a hole in the fender and realize there was a pre-formed location for the antenna that lined up PERFECTLY! Had to go to the local NAPA a couple of times for fuses and noise resistors, and the hardware store for a couple of rubber grommets (hmm, plumbing parts work on Studebakers?) that were missing from my antenna. Attached the power to the accessory post on the ignition, turn the key, snapped on the radio and WOW! Loud and clear! I preset to one of the local oldies station, really made my wife smile when she turned it on and "period" music came out of the speaker.

Thanks again!

Dan Kay

61 Lark Regal 62 Lark Daytona convertible
Reply to
Dan Kay

Hi Dan,

I am very happy that you are satisfied with that radio! I've had it on the shelf for a couple years and almost used it a couple times on my own cars. After all, NOS complete AM radio kits (with both speakers) are getting harder to find.

It IS scary to punch a hole in a fender but, with the template you had with the antenna kit, it sure makes it easier. I have seen WAY too many times where someone thought they had the right location and made an 'oops'.... VERY glad it all worked out well for you.

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

Yep, I know the feeling of punching a hole in a fender! BUT, try doing it with the front end off the car and no template! I missed by 1/16" or maybe less. A good rat tail file fixed that! Of course, I painted it after I made the hole.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Turner