OT LOng live diesels!

So, as the US fleet was steaming happily along, up popped a previously-undetected Chinese sub.

A DIESEL boat, no less, not nuke!

Alongside me sits a coffee cup, on which is painted:

"I LOVE the smell of DIESEL in the morning."

OK, we have a following wind. All you fresh air fanatics: Breath deeply!

Karl (former Engineman, surface)

Reply to
midlant

First Engineman (surface) I've run into who got a kick out of being in the cross hairs...guess you understand how the guys at Exocet MBDA felt.

Didn't the Barbel Class have a special patch for crews who had replaced broken nukes on maneuvers?

Your call: was he out of air, or playing Down Periscope with Adm Fallon?

(Taiwan has a years-old standing but unfillable order with US for 8 new diesels. Think they'll get them now?)

Reply to
comatus

How about a 2 million+ mile truck?

965 Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

The coffee cup with the saying on it was purchased at a museum sub in SANFRAN I always thought that, if the big one came, the safest place might be on a sub. As it is, I've spent more time asleep on a sub than I have awake. ( Come to thunk of it, I may cave been aboard one in dry-dock during WWII - as a youngster.- Navy family.) Oh well, that's water over the bridge.

Karl

snipped-for-privacy@bex.net wrote:

Reply to
midlant