OT: Need Your Prayers!

Three weeks ago my girlfriend's nephew Aaron was involved in a very serious car crash here in NEPA. Aaron was a passenger in a Jeep Liberty when a tire blew,the vehicle flipped down a enbankment.throwing Aaron 75 feet.

An investigation by the Pa.State Trooper's found no drugs or alcohol involved,and the driver was not speeding at the time of the accident.

Aaron is a 15 year old,voted one of the most promising football players in the state.

He was flown to a trauma center,has been in ICU since the accident with a devastating brain injury.Aaron is still in a coma and has had many surgries to relieve the pressure on his brain.Part of his skull was removed as well.He has battled bravely with several severe infections throughtout this ordeal.Doctors are not saying much as they have no idea how this is going to turn out for him,right now it is the waiting that is the hard part,praying and hoping that he will have some sort of a quality of life if he does survive all of this.

The support of the community have ovwerwhelmed the family,several fundraiser's were/are being held with a baseball tournament this Labor Day Weekend.

I ask you all to keep this young man and his family in your prayer's.

Thank you and God Bless!

charles kunicki

Reply to
charliestude

My thoughts are with your girlfriend's family. Let me guess, not wearing a seatbelt. We had three high school students killed in car crashes over the past two weeks... alcohol was involved in the two crashes but not one person in student's cars were wearing seatbelts. Not that this lecture will help his situation right now, but hopefully others who know him will learn to wear their seat belts.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Lee, As a friend to a friend I think the seatbelt lecture was poorly timed. Regards, Calvin

Reply to
oldcarfart

Aaron was a passenger in the backseat, and NO seatbelt was worn by him,however the other four young people are ok with only minor injuries, and YES I always wear a seatbelt and insist on everyone in my vehicles do the same!

Reply to
charliestude

I feel for you and Aaron and wish him the best. Are you sure that a blown tire was the cause? Jeep Libertys are having a major problem with front ball joints separating. Recently, I was in a Chrysler dealership for a few minutes and two Jeeps came in on flatbeds. One Jeep looked like a new Liberty so I took a closer look and the right, lower ball joint had ripped out. The owner said that he was just pulling into a parking space. We just imagined what would have happened if he was going around a corner on a highway. Jeep now has a recall for these ball joints on Libertys. I would get a lawyer to look into it and possibly sue DaimlerChrysler. It won't make Aaron better, but it may pay for medical expenses, recovery, etc. Good luck!

Reply to
studegary

after seeing firsthand how occupied chrysler products are constructed I am convinced they are retaliating for their WW2 loss to the U.S. and our allies.

Reply to
oldcarfart

No seatbelt whatever...He was just 15...

lets pray like we were asked too and and teach him his lessons when he recovers..thanks to all our prayers here...

Please God give this kid back his chance at his life...We all make mistakes but give this boy his health back...One day he will make you all proud !

Lansing

Reply to
Lansing Small

A few years ago, we were returning to Houston from Dallas in our recently acquired Chrysler LHS. It made the round trip on one tank, & had performed beautifully. On the way back, I had been cruising between 75 & 80 with no problems. Pulling into the driveway, I commented to the boss lady how well the car had done. I shlepped the luggage into the house while she drove around the corner to the neighbor who had kept the dog. She called later & told me that the car would not move. I went over & saw that the front wheels were pointing in opposite directions. One of the tie rods had come loose from the sector when a bolt had backed off. It was an easy fix, but I was SO very thankful that it happened in the neighbor's driveway, & not on I-45 at 80 mph. Apparently, some idiot had worked on the steering, & failed to bend the keeper tabs back over the bolt heads when he was finished. His mistake could gotten us killed. My prayers are with Aaron.

-- Barry'd in Studes

58 Packard Hawk 40 President 39 Coupe Exp. 59 DeLuxe 1/2 tn.
Reply to
Barry