OT: someone's been paying attention.

Today's project was to try to fix the toilet in the house... there was something "fluttering" in the fill valve making a hell of a racket in the pipes, and it doesn't sit square on the floor. So I went to the store this AM and got a new fill valve, some hardware, shims, wax ring, etc. Had to replace the stop valve too as it didn't shut off. Anyway Michele wanted a new toilet seat so I dragged her with me, because we all know that anything that smacks of decoration you might as well just get the female opinion up front so you don't have to return anything. She insisted on buying a pack of stainless steel wood screws to attach it to the hinges because "zinc plated steel rusts."

I'm not sure if I should be proud or amused. I'm sure JP would have been spraying Diet Dr. Pepper through his nose :) Yes, I modified my new toilet seat... (and it's quiet now too, just have to do the wax ring and caulk around the base)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

rustynutgarage

Reply to
Transtar60

yeah, I know, I have not removed it yet, just replaced parts in place.

nate

Reply to
N8N

I think I know

____________________ Well you can't say LMAO when it's already a toilet joke... But (get it?)--there's also a part inside the WC called a "keeper."

For a real test of your relationship: ask her if she thinks stainless is magnetic...

Discuss.

Reply to
comatus

Well, I did try Calvin's "brass magnet" line on her and she smacked me upside the head and told me to stop being a smartass. :)

However, trying to explain anything electrical to her is an exercise in futility...

nate

Reply to
N8N

Was it Conventional Current Theory or Electron Theory?

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire