Pace car ?

If you were to list a pace car clone on ebay, this is a crafty way to do it. Show the car with pictures of the real pace car and a Indy 500 race, but remain mute on the history of the particular car you've listed.

John Poulos

I thought all real pace cars were 4 speeds. Yes/ No??

Ed Wenger

I don't know Larks, but I need to ask anyway. Where the doors meet the B pillar, was there originally that bulge between door and rear quarter? Seems to me that a lot of Larks have that bulge. Not knowing them, I would have probably applied a lot of plastic and made the lines much smoother.

BG

Reply to
Bill Glass

The door fitment was never the best on any 'Stude,but this one seems like one of the worst I ever saw,especially the right door.Looks like a quicky 'used car' paint job too.

Reply to
52hawk

Reply to
blacklarkviii

Ed: Only TWO real 1962 Pace Cars were built; one to pace the race and one for backup in the event that something terrible happened to the first one. Both of those cars were 289 / 4-bbl / 4-speed.

The other cars built to be used during the month of May, 1962, were known as Festival Cars and were all tagged for "500" use on their Build Orders. All the Festival Cars were 259 / 2-bbl / Flightomatic.

The Serial Numbers for all the above cars and much more information was published in the January 1993 Turning Wheels. To date, only one Festival Car is confirmed extant in SDC. Sadly, the whereabouts of either real Pace Car are unknown. BP

Reply to
bobcaripalma

Reply to
Malcom Gillette