Plans for the 51

The 51 Commander with the engine issue that I just hit the BIN on will be headed to Md in a week or so. If the 232 is a easy fix, it'll stay, if not, it'll be a 289 swap. maybe made to lonk like stock from the outside. I assume the DG 250 will handle a 2 barrel 289 ? Brian Scott has first dibs on the car when it's road ready. JP/Maryland Studebaker On the Net

My Ebay items:
Daytona HT

64 R2 4 speed Challenger 63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk 63 R1 GT Hawk 63 Avanti R1/AC 63 Avanti R2/4 speed 62 Daytona HT 62 Lark 2 door 60 Hawk 51 Commander
Reply to
John Poulos

Considering that a 232 used a DG-200 through 1954/55 and as far as I know the 250 version was limited to 259 President engines, I don't know about compatibility with with a 289. Eventually, my '55 Prez will see a

289 but most likely with a HD 1st gear start FOM...

JT

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire