Power Hawk

Is the trunk lid trim incorrect on this Powerhawk?

Mark

65 Cruiser
Mark Anderson

keith_kichefski

Yes. It should only have the twist lock and emblem. Engine valve covers should be black and it appears that the car has a vacuum gauge which was not standard. However, it could have been dealer installed as was done by the previous owner of my PH. Of course, that flex hose is a dead give away as well...

JT

Mark Anders>

Grumpy AuContraire

This type of thing is a huge pet peeve of mine, yet I don't think I've ever met anyone who feels as strongly about it as I do!

Here's a car where care was taken to repaint in original colors, top-quality Phantom carpeting most likely as original was installed--and then somebody didn't take the minimum effort to see what was original as decklid trim.

Of course, it could be just that the owner liked the added part.

Otherwise excellent and authentic body work gets marred, IMHO, by people putting emblems several inches off where they're supposed to be. I don't go a day without seeing this, on old and late-model cars. Isn't the whole idea of bodywork, to be so good you can't TELL the car's had bodywork??!! A couple Stude buddies of mine kid me that I'm too fussy--but that kind of thing is near impossible to correct! I think it's lazy!

OK, off my soapbox now.

Bill Pressler

Reply to
billslark