Rare item

I've read about the electric fuel pump kit, but I've never seen one.

John Poulos

Wow! That's a pair of Bendix pumps too. It might go to someone ther than a S-P collector.

Reply to
Loy Daniel

messagenews:XL-dnc1JKsGnHMrYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

Bob Johnstone wrote an interesting article about the Golden Hawk fuel delivery:

. This electric pump assembly appeared almost exactly a year ago. I saved two pictures of it then, with an authentic S/P box.Someone wrote the # "1547161" on the box. McCulloch did supply two Bendix pumps in parallel like this, with some of their kits in the fifties. Is there a S/P drawing for this part # in the archives at the Stude Museum? It wouldn't be really hard to build a look alike with "Facet" pumps. The stickers are available, ( in German!); for folks restoring "50's Porsche race cars; which also used Bendix pumps in parallel, like this. Mike M.

Reply to
Mike