Rear Axle Housing Vent

It seems as though this came up recently but I can't find it now. Where is the rear axle vent located on a type 44? The question came up recently and I would just as soon not have to crawl under the car to find it. MikeW

Reply to
Mike Williams

rustynutgarage

It should be a tiny hole on the driver's side axle tube.. about 11"-12" from the cover... and slightly below center of the tube.

Ray

Mike Williams wrote:

Reply to
Studeman

It's under the band around the axle tube, that secures the driver's side brake line. The band has a recess stamped into it that shields the vent hole, and lets it breath most of the way around. Mike M.

Reply to
Mike

Huh??

Reply to
rustynutgarage

Y'know... I never thought of that! But it sure does make sense..

Ray

Mike wrote:

Reply to
Studeman