Rear end width

I just keep teasing you, eh Calvin?

Can anyone tell me the width of a 54 Coupe rear, plate to plate?

Reply to
Pat Drnec

My 59 model moves from plate to plate and as the width is ever increasing ,the best I could give is a estimate

Bob40(thankfully she never reads the newsgroup)

Reply to
Bob

Pat,

42 " center of bolt hole to center of bolt hole.

Jack

Reply to
jack767

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Not sure what you mean by "plate"? Drum to drum is 58 1/2"

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Brake backing plate

Alex Magdaleno wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

OOPS !! I sent you the wrong measurement. Thought you meant SPRING PLATE.

Disregard the 42" Measure.

Jack

Reply to
jack767

that won't be a good way to compare different makes of rear end since the drums may be wider or mounted differently. the mounting surface of one drum to the other drum mounting suface would be a better comparison.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Reply to
forr62