Rebabbitting

OK all, suggestions for this unique service? Favorites or one of the well known ones? Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

What the heck are you workin' on that has babbitts??

Reply to
mbstude

LOL....well Matthew, I recon you will just have to come to the Feb. meeting and find out...... HINT: a ghost car that has 'surfaced'... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Talk to the vintage farm tractor guys... Then... Get out and do it yourself...

Deepnhock

A lot easier to send it off to the Babbitt Pot..... Just seeing if anyone had any more 'local' favorites. Studebaker George Hmmm. I do have a friend that melts down all his old tire weights and casts his fishing sinkers...

Reply to
Studebaker George
Reply to
keith_kichefski

Thanks, there are many out there but I was hoping that someone had some first hand experience with them. I sent some to Babbitt Pot long ago and their service was top notch so maybe they will get the nod. There don't seem to be any close to me (N. FL). Jeffy, my buddy is now casting his own 'leadheads' and then painting them for fishing off the flats here. He is getting pretty good at doing them! Having grown up on the water (rivers and the Gulf of Mexico) I have a gazillion fishing memories...and many memories of patching together old outboards...learning as I went and getting lessons from some of the 'old timers'. Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George