Roll up antenna

Are all the roll up antennas the same? I'm looking for one for a 51 and there is an AC 3012 on ebay right now. Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

George Look at Ebay# 200116929198 this is for the older cars. AC3012 is for 1956 up cars. When you look at the same side of both AC 2303 / AC2688 (early 1947-55)and AC3012 you will notice that the mast comes out on the other side of the reel. Clockwise/counter clockwise. AC2303 is listed for 1953-54 AC2688 is listed for 1955-60

The outer parts mounted on the fender are also different. People have succesfully mounted AC3012 on older cars. There were vacuum operated antennas for 1951 AC 2136.

I have templates and instruction sheets for some of these. I will try to post these on my webpage some day but I am old and slow. Did you see my listings on 1936-1940 parts

Kapteyn

Reply to
RBK.

Hmmm...the car already has a roll up unit in it that is broken. I recon I better look at the thing before I bid or buy anything. Won't get to see it for another couple weeks. Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George