"Salt and Pepper" Carpet Source

I located a company that stocks carpet material close to the original Avanti "salt and pepper" style. Their carpet is an 80/20 nylon/rayon closed loop, and not the tufted cut pile of the original. Also, the black spots running through it are not as large. But the look is definitely very close, judging from the swatches they sent me: red/black, turquoise/black, and fawn/black. They can't make the Avanti pattern but they will sell the material.

Auto Custom Carpets, P.O. Box 1350, Anniston AL 36202. Ph: 1-800-633-

2358. You want their "Tuxedo" line. You can see some small pictures at

Bob Porter

63 R2
Reply to
reporter