carpet

anyone recommend a specific carpet brand/set for a 67 bug? i already have some insulation laid down and i want something simple and nice. i'm looking for a loop style rather than a cut pile. if you have experience with one and found it to be good lemme know.

-chris

Reply to
Chris Miller

The best stuff I have had is "outside" carpet from a Hardware Store. Its meant for external use or bathroom use, is super rugged, waterproof. Only issue is you have to cut it to shape yourself so keep the old one as a template and if you want it "edged" it needs to done somewhere else. Comes in a few colours, probably best is a dark grey / charcoal which is I,ve used for ~ 5 years. After that use it is almost unmarked, only a slight depression where foot rests. Cheers John

Reply to
John

The two big players in the VW aftermarket industry are TMI and SewFine.

SewFine advertises in HotVWs.http://www.vwupholstery.com/dealerlocator.html Randall

Reply to
Randall Post

I also recommend Sewfine. I bought all of my interior for my 1966 Beetle, highback (1970) seats, carpet, headliner, door panels, etc. Excellent fit and look! I went with the light grey leather look in my all black Beetle. This was about 25 years ago when I restored it and I have sold it since, I am waiting to restore my 1970 Beetle and will use Sewfine again.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1