Saturday Follies <link>

I have good news! Slave labor with 'legal' citizens is alive and well in the good ol' USA! Rick came up last night and we have been busting butt filling PODS units. (PODS is a Florida borne franchise to store and move your stuff yourself...see

for details) Rick is great at packing stuff. He sorts stuff out, puts it neatly in the bin boxes, and then blows the snot out of everything with the air gun. His method works great, but the cloud he makes is quite impressive, especially when he uses the air gun .. We broke apart all the shelving units, put them into the PODS unit one at a time and re-filled the shelves neatly and densely. It was hotter than snockers today,.but the overcast made it tolerable to work out there. Don't tell Carrie, but I had all the shop fans on and the A/C running full blast all day, with the doors wide open .. Everything won't fit into one PODS unit (or 4), but most of the stuff will fit into two units. The milling machine is going out on a car hauling trailer with the car lift. We quit for the night around 10pm and came in and cleaned up. What a filthy job. My joy in shop cleanliness with a leaf blower has a nasty payback when you finally do move all your stuff and see the crap you've been blowing under there all these years. More later.... Jeff (Slavemaster to beer slaves) Rice

Some pic's Rick took are up at:

Jeff Rice

Know where you are moving the stuff yet?

Oklahoma is a great place to live.

Reply to
Dave's Place

Maybe... We have a bid in on a place and are awaiting their decision... .(ie: Stop laughing at my lowball offer in a sellers market ).. Don't want to derail the karma wheel by yelping too soon. 'If' we do get this place... y'all are welcome to come and visit.... Jeff (and unpack ) Rice

"Dave's Place" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

They say its a buyers market !!!!!!!!!

Zinvest does appraisals by street, and you can look at an address and see each home from the air.. They also show a chart of what each house was worth last year vs. this year. The guuy behind me went from $920,000 down to $565,000 over this past year. I did not take such a huge hit, mine dropped $102,000 over last year.

But that is up here, where prices are falling like rain

BG

Reply to
Bill Glass

I hate to ask this, but did you video-inventory everything as it was loaded?

Karl

Jeff Rice wrote:

Reply to
midlant

what street number is your place on tornado alley?

Reply to
oldcarfart

I sure wish the prices would drop in the Burnsville, Spruce Pine, Micaville and Marion, N.C. areas so I don't have to mooch motorhome space from relatives or pay rent at the Moose Lodge Campground!

Reply to
oldcarfart

It's turned in to a buyers' market around here too (just when we decided to list). Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Reply to
Brian Scott

Hi Jeff I know about Moving when we moved from New York to Georgia at the end 1991We packed for about 4 months we had 7 rooms of furniture .My motherinlaw had 7 rooms of furniture.Plus we had a basement the whole lenth of the house.Between the both of us must have had 300 to 500 boxs i was seeing boxs in my sleep. I hope i never have to move again.Good luck on your move.

Lenny .

Reply to
Lenny

Hey, they told me the following....

A) 8000# max. B) Put the heavy stuff in the middle.

I told Rick that my fear was them havong a relief valve in the lift gizmo (They label them "PodZilla'") that it won't pick up more than 8000#... My real fear was having to unload it and reload it for balance.

Rick thinks it's on the light side so far. I am undecided.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Thanks for the thoughts Lenny... I've moved about every ten years or so, so the routine is pretty standard. Stupid thing is we are moving several boxes that were unopened from two moves ago... Jeff

"Lenny" wrote..

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Willow.com does the same. Street by street appraisals. My son is buying in the Denver market and so far all the realtors he has talked to are claiming its a buyers market. MikeW.

Reply to
Mike Williams

Then throw them out, just shows you did not need the stuff :)

BG

Reply to
Bill Glass

patience grasshopper.. its supposed to happen across the country..the bubble is gonna bust a bit.. and pity the people with an ARM --Shiva--

Reply to
me

I can't tell you how happy I am that I was able to lock in at 5.33% 2 years ago.

I was talking to someone in Phoenix who said that houses that used to turn in a week are now on the market for and average of 3-4 months. He said new construction is selling for almost any lowball offer because of the overbuilding in the area. With gas at $3.00/gallon people aren't quite as willing to move from 10 miles to work out to 25 miles to work.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

I agree. A am setting this place up with a NFM.... Jeff

patience grasshopper.. its supposed to happen across the

Reply to
Jeff Rice

LOL. I know what NFM means (wish I could get one). Does anyone else here Know? Hint.... it's a new, seldom used, real estate term.

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

No FXXXn Mortgage?

Mark (Go Vulgar early) Dunning

LOL. I know what NFM means (wish I could get one). Does anyone else here Know? Hint.... it's a new, seldom used, real estate term.

Reply to
markshere2

Got me. What is NFM? Paul Johnson

Reply to