South Bend

I am heading for the swap meet in South Bend for the first time,my question is about Motels .is the motel 6 near sasco recommended or is there another motal near sasco or the fairgronds that you could reccomend?

Thanks Buck Buchanan --Jacksonville Fl.

Reply to
buck03

There is a Motel 6 in Roseland just outside of downtown. It is not a bad drive and is a straight shot to downtown. I do recall the Motel 6 being on the rough side and guite old though.

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

Roseland, isn't that the nudist place that Bob Palma told me about?

Reply to
PatSkelly

Reply to
John Poulos

I cant afford $42. But I can afford $21. Anyone need a rommie?

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

I am also going for the first time.Is there a known place to go for dinner? You know...cheep beer cheep food cheep wo..thrills. I know in york there are prefered places to dine and drink. Fess up guys. Where are the water holes in south bend? if the info is good I buy the second and fourth round.Rich

Reply to
am not r2

Reply to
John Poulos

There are tons of motels and I haven't stayed in a bad one yet. The thing to remember about South Bend is that while hundreds of people come in for the Studebaker swap meet, there are enough motels to handle the tens of thousands that show up for Notre Dame events like Homecoming and Graduation. I'm sure you can find a crappy motel in a bad section of town, but I have managed to. We've never made reservations. We just hit one of the discount chains where we see a few Studes parked.

Reply to
BobWaitz

That's RoseLAWN, Pat, not RoseLAND. BP

Reply to
bobcaripalma

I think this is it?

770419&q=pizza Barnaby's is the name that came up if that link doesn't work. South Bend address.

nate

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
N8N

Reply to
John Poulos

Thanks for the input,not only motel recommendatios but good pizza too.can't beat that.

thanks again

Reply to
buck03

Don't forget the feast at the Studebaker Mansion Friday night. Their steaks just melt in yore mouth. Good bread too. Anybody want some of my bread?

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

BARNABYS,on Jefferson street east of SASCO a sort drive.AND they have New Castle on draft!!!!!! YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY eyes arent BROWN

Reply to
Mertz Racing

THEY are the same in NAME ONLY!!!! Stick to Jefferson street,and try my personal favorite: SAUSAGE,PEPPERONI AND JALAPENOS

Reply to
Mertz Racing

Reply to
John Poulos