South Bend and Seats... (SP)

Hey all,

I am trying to decide what to bring along with me to South Bend and need some input...

I have several sets of seats in varying combinations and, if there is interest, I'll bring them along. If not, I may leave them home since they are so bulky to move about. I have multiples of some and only one set of others.... All will need to be recovered.

Lark/GT Hawk bucket seats w/console (both standard and reclining) some with mounting plate, some without,

'61 Hawk buckets (with center plate)

Full cushion reclining bench (Lark)

Split cushion reclining bench (Lark)

Full set of convertible seats (Later Lark)

Avanti rear seat set

I also have a couple GT hoods and will probably bring them along as well.

Reply to
Lee

satdoc2 via CarKB.com

There is some light (mostly surface) rust on the seat cushion springs but, after a clean up, would be more than good enough for use. If I needed a set for my R2, I'd use them in a heartbeat.

Reply to
Lee

Hi Lee,

Is that full cushion recliner a "Type B" seat? Peter is looking for one for the truck. Maybe a picture?

Judy

Reply to
tyaughton

Hi Judy,

They appear to be Type B seats.

Reply to
Lee

Type B seats for Champs have the split back, bench bottom, same as a 63

2dr sedan.

Lee wrote:

Reply to
Transtar60

the question, then, is - what year did the seats come out of? If it's an L type mounting rail, I could be very interested - I wonder what it would cost to ship to Bellingham?......

Judy

Reply to
tyaughton

The seat came from a '63 Lark type.

I have a feeling shipping would be very high. Shipping for a set of Avanti buckets to the Seattle area was $155

Reply to
Lee

Even stripped to the frame, it would not be cost effective. Oh well, maybe we'll make it to Omaha.

Judy

Lee wrote:

Reply to
Judy Sauer