South Bend musings

Another year that had my camera malfunction, so-- no pics to show, but as always a great time. And I saw several cars and trucks that will have me having wet dreams for days--as usual lol I hope someone has pics of the black and white Transtar car hauler that would look awesome hauling my black and white coupe, assuming I ever get my coupe back from the painter And also the awful looking Speedster with the Caddie engine Interesting car. Pulled from a barn after a very long rest, 331 Caddy that at one time had aside mounted blower- 3 electric fuel pumps, for some unknown reason, and anti theft alarms on the doors, hood and vent windows

Ugly car-- but has potential

If you havent seen the museum, all I can say is WOW!!, what a difference

N8N finally scored a park light housing, so he had Christmas lol

There seemed to be more vendors- and more people this year, and the car show gets bigger every year but with as many brand x's as Studes

On a personal note, I went mainly to pick up a windshield for my C-cab from SI The glass measures roughly 50 inches wide by 15 high so I figured it would fit nicely in the trunk of wifeys Sonata.

Only problem was that they had it in a packing box about 4 feet long- three feet wide and a foot deep IT just barely fit thru the back seats and of course the trunk lid wouldnt close lol

Soooo-- first order of business when we got back to the motel was to cut the box apart .I was right-- it fit very nicely in a Hyundais trunk lolol

Reply to
ceecab

I saw that speedster too. I think that anti theft alarmss actually are the the doors hood and vent window from the looks of it. Very nice weather. Very nice poeple. Very nice cars. Doesn't get much better than that.

Reply to
Rat Hawk

my first trip to s.b. went great. met Ted. and the Collins's of Az. and a few other nice folks. the Museum is a big wow. sold my car on the highway home. one of those tire kickers called me on the cell and stopped me in Elkhart. rolled it off the trailer, took off the plates, and drove the 12 hours home.empty. Too bad he waited sooo long, I missed a car I wanted to buy real bad. I also took a chance and called a long lost cousin, found her in Hobart! drove and Hour and caught up on a Decade. That alone was worth the trip. Thanks J.P. for the switches. a great time!!Rich

Reply to
am not r2

Reply to
John Poulos

seriously! that deal probably saved me about $200. JP was annoyed that I didn't get it installed yesterday but I need to get some all-thread for the studs. I guess he's worried that that pitted mess on the front of my car is driving down property values in his neighborhood :)

nate

Reply to
N8N

I scored a $40 4 barrel Studebaker air cleaner.

Reply to
John Poulos

Does anyone remember seeing Barry Hackney at S.B.? Does anyone have his cell phone number? He was supposed to pick up a rearend for me and drop it off on his way back to Houston.

Reply to
Loy Daniel

Hi Loy,

Yes, Barry was there but it was under less than ideal conditions. It seems his truck punked out on the way and finished the trip in a U-Haul. When I talked with him on Saturday, he was working out how to do all the pick ups and deliveries he had planned for this trip.

Reply to
Lee

Ain't that goin' the looooooooooong route??

JT

Loy Daniel wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire