Studebaker Video

From the SDC site:

I spotted this first in a series .

Seeing the tires flat and sunk in the dirt reminds me of my Avanti, I sure wish I had "before" pictures of it when my brother found it on the guys sideyard.

Here is the text explaining the video of the Lark :

"Okay, I wasn't going to share this video on YouTube, as I really created it more for myself. However, one of my most recent subscribers, robertmor1954 (and thank you Robert and everyone else who's subscribing!!! I love you guys!) asked to see more of the ol' beastie, so here's the video we shot on our way to go pick it up.

Here's some of the story. I'll relee a vlog this week with the details. This was my grandpa's car. He loved it; It was his baby. He always wanted to make it really special. However, in the mid-80's it was stolen and vandalized. When he recovered the car, he started to fix it, but he died before it could be completed, and the car went to sit in a field for almost two decades.

Anyway, my grandpa was and still is (aside from my wife) the best friend I ever had. He's the reason I am who I am today.

So now, I'm hoping I can realize his dream, and make his baby not only come back, but to become the show car he always wanted it to be.

In the video, you'll note that the tires were not only totally flat, but also buried several inches in the ground. It took the Explorer pulling AND me pushing to get her out of that rut.

The green thing on my head was a t-shirt gone makeshift bandana. We thought we'd have the car loaded up in a couple hours, before it got hot. 8 hours later, it was 110 degrees, and we were just getting the tires freed up.

I'll talk about it more later this week.

By the way, that hot chick with the lug wrench is Mrs. Somecallmejim. :-) ..."

Tom

Reply to
John Poulos