Studes further aead of their time than we thought?

So I was just watching one of my favorite movies, "The Right Stuff", for about the tenth time and noticed at the begining just before Yeager takes off on his flight to break the sound barrier there is a panning shot where you see a '50 Stude Starlight parked on the tarmac. The date of the historic flight was Oct. 14, 1947. I'm really surprised they let that one slip. Of course it was a top secret air strip, maybe that's where Studebaker was testing the new design.

Richard Lawler

'57 1/2 ton Transtar '51 2dr Champion

Reply to
Richard Lawler

***
Reply to
Jeff Rice

I was watching "Cool World" the other nite. In the 1st part of the movie Brad Pitt is just getting home from WWII, which would be at the latest, 1946. A 1950 Chrysler convertible comes barrelling out of a parking lot. So if Stude has a 'black;' project, so did Chrysler.

John

Reply to
johnnywiffer

Never know, wiffer...some soldiers came home from WWII pretty late in life. Check this link out:

Loy Daniel