Selling out of studes

Selling Large Studebaker Collection. Cars and parts. 12 Cars and 1 truck and Huge inventory of NOS and Used parts. Cars are 4 Packard Hawks, 1 GT Hawk, 1 48 Land Cruiser. 1 55 Commander, 1 51 truck, 1 63 Lark, 2 Pontiac Fieros, ! 79 Mustang Pace car, 1 79 Ford Pace truck. Parts to numerous to even try to list. Serious inquiries should contact me at snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com or call me at 502-600-1213.

Reply to
coolinit

These all in Lawrenceburg, KY?

Reply to
Jeff

This sounds like Winston Grafton's stuff?

Bo

Reply to
64daytonaht

Yes, it is the Grafton family. He wants major bux for it , but it may be a good deal for you, Bo, depending on how much good NOS is involved and the conditions of the cars. He is going to have to be willing to sell at far below the actual value of the stuff to move it as a package deal, which is what he wants to do, so it may well worthwhile for someone with deep pockets, lots of storage room, and a good truck & trailer. If the cars are all in #1 or 2 cond., it would be like getting the parts inventory for nothing, but that is a big IF.

Barry'd in Studes(already)

Reply to
Barry

Reply to
Barry

Nope, not for me. Winston's a nice fellow and I hope it works out for him. But, trying to be realistic about this stuff. I don't think any businessman can afford to buy the stuff at the listed price (very definately high retail), haul it, store it, inventory it and hope to make any money off it. Thus the primary investment incentive is wiped out. I think JP probably has it right. Atlantic City at 3-1 odds is a much better investment!

Bo

Reply to
64daytonaht

I believe you are right. I haven't seen the cars or the parts, but if it is all really worth the $175K asking price, he will be doing well to get 75K out of it on a prepaid package deal. Someone will probably come by in a year or 3 and catch him in a selling mood and walk away with it for a ridiculously low price, and then make a killing on it. BH

Reply to
Barry