Sunday Follies

Packed Stude parts this morning (to keep this on topic )

Use it or lose it........................

My beater 16 foot angle iron trailer is mostly used for storage around the property. We keep fence posts and fence boards on it as well as the sickle bar attachment for the Model B tractor... I knew the tires were shot on it so I pulled them off for replacement. The rims were so rusted that I could not get them to hold air at all... Priced out new rims and passed on that idea. Called 'Tire Kingdom" (the biggest franchise 'round here) and the salesman said he would call me back. That was 4 days ago... Pass.... Called my Goodyear connection and was quoted $140 a corner for an 8 ply mounted and balanced on a new wheel.. I need an 8 ply tire like I need 4 condoms at once.... I went to a local trailer supply place and asked them what they had... (I had done a little Internet research and found some decent prices at around a hundred bucks a corner.) He said that had made a big bulk purchase and had some 4 ply tire and wheel assemblies for $65 each. Woohoo! Snapped them up and went home. Since this trailer has set for many months, I pulled the hubs and looked at the outer bearings and the grease itself. Yuck city... No way I am going to tow with this crud.

2 of the bearing races has corrosion fretting marks where the rollers rested.. Well, I have 4 bearing kits in a box that was out by the trailer.... Somebody I know (who shall remain nameless, but his name rhymes with Rick Courtier) packed the box in the POD that was picked up last Wednesday. Sooooo... Off to the store to pick up 4 bearing and seal kits... I just want to roll easy without worries... Jeff
Reply to
Jeff Rice

Doesn't matter how much beer I drank . . .I wasn't the one who lost his keys or touch the (3 not not 4) bearings on the trailer, you wanted to move that pig of a milling machine onto the trailer. . . did you look into the back seat and floor of the truck. I only forget my own crap!

Reply to
Rick Courtier

He's losing it Rick, he gave me a new looking, great running lawnmower chassis for me to use for moving rolling stock! (nothing Dawn detergent and my pressure washer could not fix anyway )

Reply to
oldcarfart

Yeah he even gave me back my Aluminum 2 Duce Intake and Carbs. . . I thought I was going to break in and steal the damn thing back. but I had my eyes on his electric generators but he was watching me to close when I got around them.

Reply to
Rick Courtier