DEEPNHOCK Follies

Weather has been soooo nice that past few days, I took some time to do a couple of long put off projects....

(Because of Google Groups... No pic's... But here are the pic links...)

Futureshop Tool Room... I am converting the old horse/goat/chicken barn to a workshop. It 'was' a 3 wall post type building that was added on to at one time (and nicely done)... The old 'tack room' was unfinished (heck, everything was unfinished)... When I took the 3 hose stall dividers out, I noticed the boards in the dividers were a nice, thick southern yellow pine board 1+" thick x 8" x 48+" long... Decided to recycle them all and use them as flooring. Had enough to do the old barn (my shop) tack room...Which is going to be my tool room.. And do the floor in the real horse barn tack room...(The wife's building)..

Here are the pic's of the workshop tool room project...

And the pic's of the wife's tack room floor (still unfinished as of yesterday)
Also... The one other building (I call it the paint room and pump house, because the well pump is at one end) was 'leaning' to one side more than 3".. Decided to rip up the porch boards and jack up the building. Dug under the post's, and poured concrete under the posts to serve as footings. Cut up the old planking and added somne new boards to replace the bad ones. Used some of the stall boards and ran them all through the tickness planer to make all the boards even and clean the surface up. Hit them with Thompson water seal, even though the wife wants to paint the boards the trim color...

Here are those pic's...

As a side note on this building.. There was a dead short in the underground (110v) wire going to the building. No clue as to where the short was. When we ran the new underground water lines and power lines to the other two buildings, I installed a new power cable to this building. The old line was abandoned, but the short wasn't found, so I did not use the lights or outlets. While digging I found the old wore, which was good. I also found the short, which was a burned through area... Also found that the idjits put in an interior rated wire (paper iside, etc)...which was bad. Pulled the wire up and re-routed it to the GFI sevice panel that was installed earlier. Duplicate breaker setups, but it's a long way to the house service panel, and that can make a breaker slow to trip. I don't want to be getting zotted AND waiting for the breaker to pop... I have this thing about doind the AC dance Jeff

Reply to
DEEPNHOCK

Good lord, you're making me TIRED!

BTW, need exact address for you So. Ga. Meeting in November...

Dave Miller

Reply to
So. Ga. Cruiser

That looks realy good Jeff