Trying to remove the bell housing

This is on a 56 President Classic with a 289 and the Flightomatic transmission. This is my first engine pull so forgive me if I don't word
this correctly.
I got the engine out with the transmission attached. Had a little trouble getting the oil pan over the steering bell crank but it popped right out once I lowered the rear of the car off the jack stands and onto the ground. Duh me...
I got the transmission off the torque converter and now I want to remove the bell housing and torque converter so I can get the engine on the stand and start tearing into that. I have removed the 7 bolts that connect the housing to the back of the block but it won't come off. I looked around under the bottom side and I don't see any other bolts holding it in place.
What am I missing and how can I get this off?
Thanks, Tim
-
Tim- use a putty knife to first separate the two. There are 2 dowel pins that hold the bell housing in place. They are located at 3 oclock and 9 oclock on the bell housing.
jim

Yep, finally found the dowel pins, under all the caked on crud. Sprayed them with a penetrating spray and hit a piece of 2x4 with a hammer on the front of the housing. Worked it loose a little on each side until I could get a screw driver in between to get it out the rest of the way. One cool trick I used was to keep a couple of the housing bolts in place so it wouldn't drop on my foot. The good news is that the dowel pins are shiny and pristine which should make it easy to put back together.
Thanks for the replies, Tim
-
Tim- I am curious- is this your first engine rebuild? At some point I am thinking of doing the same with my Avanti, but not sure if I have the guts.
What were the issues with your engine- and what all are you planning on doing to it?
Thanks