vacation paradise

Never had any desire to go to Minnesota,,,, till now. Looks like the EPA hasn't found it yet. Some people want to vacation in a motor home. I'd like to go in a flat bed or box truck!! Dexter

dwcars

Looks pretty well picked over... Their stash looks like it should have been left there .. Jeff

Reply to
Deepnhock

I went through a huge classic car wrecking yard one time while down in Arizona... Valley Auto Parts about an hour south of Phoenix. I don't think there was anything there newer than 1974 and they had thousands of vehicles.

One thing about Minnesota, they use a ton of salt on the roads in the winter time. I've seen 4-5 year old vehicles with serious rust problems.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Lee,

That would be Hidden Valley Auto Parts in Maricopa. While I was stationed at Ft. Huachuca, I spent many off duty hours wondering through the yard. In those days, you were allowed to bring tools, a bag lunch, lots of water and pull your own parts. Oh, the rust free Studebaker truck fenders I found there. Of course, that was when the old man was still alive and running the place. The son that took it over shortly after the old man died, well that's another story.

Bo

Reply to
64daytonaht

Ft. Huachuca, been by there... my brother who works for Boeing has spent many weeks down there in their acoustics center (big amphitheater for military equipment testing).

I was out in that God forsaken area (still don't know how anyone can survive out there in the summer) 6-7 years ago and picked up a handful of Hawk parts and carried them up to the front office. Battery Tray - $60; side vent clamshells - $40/each; a couple of other parts equally as expensive. I told him I'd take them back, the guy said don't bother and handed them to one of his parts pullers. Someone else must have already been there because these parts were found on the seats and trunks of cars. It'd be fun to walk all of the rows, but it was so hot that we went straight to the Studebaker section and didn't see anything else... a guy could spend two days there just looking.

That's where I found a late-50's 4-door with a "Power Seat" firewall tag, haven't seen one since. I didn't have a screwdriver with me otherwise that would have probably been one part I would have bought... if I could have afforded it.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Heck.... My new place in Georgia is my vacation paradise.... Jeff (That's because I'll be spending my vacations here for a while ....) Rice

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Reply to
midlant