Waste of a Biz Coupe

9&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item)0114395348&rd=1,1

Reply to
zoombot

Well..... At least the guy didn't crush what's left for a few easy scrap metal bucks... (He's shooting for a few easy Ebay bucks instead ...) This appears to have been done long ago... Jeff (Before Studebaker purity rules were written...) Rice

9&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item)0114395348&rd=1,1>

Reply to
Jeff Rice

The conversion was done back when a rare Studebaker Commander coupe could be had for $75.00 or less. At least nobody threw a Chevy V8 into it! lol I have a similar car, a '51 Champ, but the butcher who did the job left the roof & most of the body intact, just removing the trunk lid & trimming away the weatherstrip channels to the left & rt of the trunk lid. The wooden bed he placed inside rotted away, but the rest remained pretty solid, reposing in N MO for decades. Peter Crisotello was asking $30K for his nice original Commander "Q" body couope at Omaha.

Reply to
Barry

It was probably done years ago when most of these era cars were being crushed for scrap anyway.

9&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item)0114395348&rd=1,1>

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

The guy has it right, notice the second engine- TRACTOR PULLING anyone? Or did that die off?

BG

Reply to
Bill Glass

If you look, you will see a lip on the back of the roof. I think it was a Starlight coupe rather than a business coupe. As rare as any 49 studebaker may be, I would venture a commander convertible would be hard pressed to reach 30K. A business coupe, as rare as it may be, or as nice it may be, I think the 30 k buyer would rather put that kind of money in a R2 or pristine Golden Hawk.

My 2 cents no change given

Reply to
bob m

Bill - the shape of the door is what led me to think "Business Coupe". Aren't doors on Starlights a bit different in shape?

Reply to
zoombot

Reply to
Barry